This blog is a personal blog written and edited, owned and operated by Tariq Walker and Malinda Williams. For questions please email email@example.com
Like many other Web sites, thisisleaving.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
• Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to thisisleaving.com and other sites on the Internet.
thisisleaving.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Thisisleaving.com Email Policy
thisisleaving.com will not sell or distribute your email address to third parties unless you give explicit permission.
thisisleaving.com will not spam your account, we will allow third parties to email you through a custom messaging system and will do our utmost to ensure that spam does not get sent on to you. Unless you respond directly to these emails, the third party will not be able to obtain your email address.
If you leave your email address through either the messaging system or comments on a bloggers page, that blogger will have access to your email address, thisisleaving.com is not able to control what happens with your email address beyond this point. To ensure privacy, you may join thisisleaving.com and only your This Is Leaving account will be visible when you comment.
Terms of Usage and Conditions of Service
By using this website (Thisisleaving.com), you agree to abide by the following simple rules and guidelines;
We reserve the right to edit any and all content that has been placed on ThisIsLeaving.com.
We reserve the right to modify these Terms of Service from time to time without notice and are retro active.
1. You certify that you are 13 years of age or over. All those individuals under 13 years of age will need a full release form from their parents before posting any material. This is in compliance with the Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act of 2000 (COPPA).
2. All content posted at this site are the sole opinion and responsibility of the poster.
3. When you add any content to our system, you are granting a soft license to the site to use it – this is non-exclusive, you reserve all rights for any other use of your material.
4. You should hold the right to post any content in any form on our system, this means that if you are not the copyright holder of the content (photograph, text, etc) you must ensure that it is content in the public domain, or that you have permission to use the content.
5. Personal exposure. Anyone posting another members personal details or electronic details (emails, social networking links, etc) without permission will be banned.
6. All material may be moderated or removed for foul language and commercialized promotional posts.
7. Always be respectful of other users, the system, and the moderators.
8. Links to adult content, pages with links to adult content, conterfeit documents or material describing anything against internationally accepted laws will be removed as soon as appropriate.
9. You agree not to hold This Is Leaving or it’s members liable for anything stated within the comments or blog posts.
10. In the event of a court order or request from legitimate authorities, This Is Leaving will co-operate and will divulge information such as IP address and email address. In other cases, This Is Leaving will protect its members and their privacy as much as possible.
11. You are responsible for your own posts and content uploaded, you are responsible for any repercussions faced by uploading any content.
12. This Is Leaving is not liable for loss of content and strongly recommend having a backup of photos and written content prior to uploading it onto the site.
13. Claims of action, and calls to action against any company or person may be removed – again on a case-by-case basis.
14. This Is Leaving does not allow any direct ‘relationship’ requests – there are many ‘dating websites’ available specifically for this purpose.
15. Do not post email addresses in comments posts or blog entries (moderators will remove these when seen) – this is for your benefit not ours. Email addresses are harvested from web pages by spammers and unfortunately placed on multinational spam databases – protect your privacy!
16. Commercial or self-promotion (i.e. backlinks, logos as profile photos, or the like) may be blocked depending on whether such promotion lends to or detracts from the site as a whole, and such content is ultimately at the complete discretion of volunteer moderators and Thisisleaving.com administrators.
17. Insults and/or exposure of personal information should not be made where the individual is identifiable – anywhere on This Is Leaving i.e. do not upload photos of people and negatively comment on them if that person is identifiable. Do not post the full name (or give information that would make them easily identifiable) of someone and then proceed to insult or reveal details of their private lives (without permission).
18. Do not post content that is patently derogatory or demeans another person’s race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or other status.
19 The best quality blogs are generated by using the provided features (i.e. the photo uploader, TB Code, search box, etc.), however, occasional workarounds are provided based on user requests. When releasing future versions of This Is Leaving, we cannot guarantee that such workarounds will continue working or that a replacement workaround will be found.
20. For the best experience, we highly recommend using Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or IE9 onward as we do not test earlier versions of IE. We cannot guarantee that you are receiving the highest quality experience if you are using an alternate browser.
Photos and Videos
1. You may only upload media to the This Is Leaving website where the you are the owner or copyright holder of the media or have explicit permission from the copyright holder.
2. Photos should not be uploaded if they are of other people in compromising situations (unless with permission).
3. Nude or pornographic or explicit images should not be uploaded. Some exceptions can be made (e.g. tribal dress), but photos which break these rules will be removed at the moderators discretion.
4. Photos of people with insulting or inflammatory captions should not be added. Moderators may remove such photos without notice.
1. Be descriptive, specific, and succinct in your comment postings. People from all over the world read here with English as a second language.
2. Before posting in a comment, consider the context.
3. No press releases, newsletters, web pages, images, or copyrighted content may be inserted into This Is Leaving posts. Minor fair use excerpts of less than one paragraph (4 sentences) may be used if the content is publicly available. A link to the content is acceptable and appropriate.
4. Please don’t drop promotional urls, signature files, nor specifics that would lead people to commercial sites. Signing your name is fine, however commercialized posts or resume signatures will be edited.
5. Please keep your language clean and decent. This includes personal inflammatory language as well as obscenities.
6. Please stay within the topic of the post you are posting a comment on, and within any topic that another poster may have started.
7. Please try to choose a location as close to the actual location as possible
8. Since this is interactive, please treat others the way you wish to be treated. One way to guard against misunderstandings is to read over your response before you post it. Personal attacks are not allowed or tolerated. Should anyone use inappropriate language, start a personal attack, or engage in hate speech, they will be barred from all further discussions.
9. The comment boards are not a venue for advertisements in any way. It will be the sole discretion of This Is Leaving and its moderators as to what constitutes an advertisement.
10. Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email or local private messages, but should not be discussed in public posts. This is out of respect for the members and moderators or policy involved.
11. Comment posts and topics will only be removed at the discretion of the moderators – you can not un-say something in a conversation.
Blog and Account Rules
1. Signing up a user name that is an obvious domain name or product name will be removed. This is out of unfair promotion considerations as well as trademark implications.
2. Creating fake accounts in the names of celebrities or high-profile persons will not be allowed – unless you genuinely share the name, names are not unique i.e. there are many “Brian Bradley”s out there.
3. Accounts may be locked or banned at any time by the site administrators.
4. Blog entries, images and accounts will be removed on request of the owner.
5. In the event of a dispute or complaint, This Is Leaving may, at a moderators discretion, place your blog entry into a private state while the complaint is reviewed. Please take our recommendations after the review seriously as it may stop further possibly legal action by third parties.
6. This Is Leaving follows the same guidelines as that set by the US Federal Trade Commission, which requires transparency if posting a blog or article for which you have received payment in money, free/discounted accommodation, free/discounted flight, and anything along these lines. This is to protect any readers or consumers who may be reading your content. The disclosure must be very visible and This Is Leaving requires that such disclosures be stated at the top of a blog to protect readers. Blogs that break this term can be locked or disabled.
Privacy and Respect
1. Private accounts, names and blog entries are “best effort” only, we will attempt to ensure that they remain out of the public version of the site, but offer no guarantees.
2. No photos, text or videos that you need to be private should be posted on Thisisleaving.com regardless of the account settings.
3. Administrators of the site have access to all material posted on the site though this access is used sparingly.
4. For our part we will do our best to protect your privacy and respect your posts, messages and blog entries. We will not edit or otherwise misrepresent what you write without cause.
5. We will make a best endeavour to protect your privacy including keeping your email address private and your mail box free from spam.
6. We will not sell your or any email address.
7. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
ThisisLeaving.com abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog may be compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
Copyright and Ownership
• Posting on This Is Leaving grants us a non-exclusive royalty free right to display your photos and journals.
• You maintain copyright of all your photos and text. This means they can be republished where and when you choose.
• You maintain the right to remove or edit blog entries at any time.
• Regarding joint accounts with two or more owners, the primary email holder has the final say on content usage, deletion and so forth.
• You may only upload media to the This Is Leaving website where the you are the owner or copyright holder of the media or have explicit permission from the copyright holder. Fair-use laws apply for public domain and summarized versions of content.
• All media you add to This Is Leaving remains the property of the copyright holder. No title of ownership at any time passes to or is implied to pass to This Is Leaving.
• We will not sell your content beyond the This Is Leaving website without your express permission – we have plans for a book, calendars and more.
• You grant This Is Leaving a non-exclusive, royalty-free, license to redistribute and publish on the This Is Leaving website, and to share and promote content on third-party sites like Facebook, Twitter, and similar social media to benefit both users and site. In each instance, we give due credit to blogger.
• We will occasionally use screen shots of your content for promotional purposes both online and offline – where possible we will attribute as appropriate.
• We reserve the right to distribute content uploaded to This Is Leaving to other limited partner sites – we will list those partner sites here; (currently none) and will ensure that you (the account posting the content) is credited correctly – with your chosen display name, and a link to your This Is Leaving account.
• We will place discreet adverts alongside much of the content you post on This Is Leaving
• We will make our best effort to ensure that the advertising is in context, tasteful and respectful of the varying views of our members.
This blog accepts advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.